ADSM-L

Strange archive behavior

2006-11-12 17:03:53
Subject: Strange archive behavior
From: David Zarnoch <davezarn AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 22:02:28 +0000
I'm seeing some strange behavior on an archive I'm trying to perform

Here's the scenario.....

I have a HUGE filesystem which I have restored from PITD 01/10/06
and am trying to archive

Unfortunately, I didn't have the room to store it on the same system
that it was requested from (node1) so I restored it to a different system
(node2)

From node2:

I then tried to archive it using the system I requested it from by issuing
the command:

dsmc archive -virtualnode=node1 "/d/bureau/prm/prod/data/*" -subdir=yes
-description="node1 year end PITD=01/10/06"

It then starts asking me to insert tapes from the storage pool "YEAR END
2003"
which are stored on a shelf and have not been accessed since 01/10/2004

???

Anyone know where I can start looking?

Thanks!

Dave Zarnoch