ADSM-L

Using More Tapes in a Collocated Pool

2006-11-09 09:56:06
Subject: Using More Tapes in a Collocated Pool
From: Andrew Carlson <naclosagc AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 08:55:39 -0600
I have recently changed my 3 TSM instances to use a collocated copypool in a
direct attached silo offsite.  What I am seeing, is that TSM appears to be
using more tapes than it needs to.  I have may 10 -15 tapes every day that
have may .2% utilization, but if I move that data, it doesn't mount a
scratch tape, it mounts an existing tape to move the data to.  Is there
anything obvious that I could me missing before I delve into this further?
Thanks alot.

AIX 5.2.4
TSM 5.3.2.3
3592 Tape Drives in a 3584 Silo remotely attached

--
Andy Carlson
Gamecube:$150,PSO:$50,Broadband Adapter: $35, Hunters License: $8.95/month,