ADSM-L

TDP for Domino GUI options

2006-11-08 08:36:30
Subject: TDP for Domino GUI options
From: "Dennis, Melburn IT7" <melburn.dennis AT SIEMENS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 08:35:49 -0500
I am backing up a domino server with 3 seperate nodes.  I have 1 daily
TSM flatfile node, 1 daily TDP node, and 1 weekly TDP node.  All are
registered and backup up successfully to my TSM server.  By default the
TDP clients GUI interface uses the dsm.opt file for the daily TDP node.
I am trying to do a TDP restore from the weekly node (because it can
farther back in time).  Is there a command line option for the GUI that
allows me to use the dsm.opt for the weekly TDP node (its called
dsm-weekly.opt).  I've tried using the following:

domdsm /ADSMOptfile=dsm-weekly.opt

When I use this, and I click on the tab to do a restore and it does not
show me any files that are available.  Am I doing something wrong?  I
would prefer to do this via the GUI, since I am trying to teach others
to use it.

Mel Dennis
Backup Systems Engineer
Siemens Business Services
4400 Alafaya Trail
Orlando, FL 32826
MC Q1-108
Tel:  (407) 736-2360
Win:  439-2360
Fax: (407) 243-0260
Email:  melburn.dennis AT siemens DOT com