ADSM-L

Re: Operational Reporting URL report optio n

2006-11-03 13:47:44
Subject: Re: Operational Reporting URL report optio n
From: Mark Stapleton <mark.s AT EVOLVINGSOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 12:45:44 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
RODOLFICH, NICHOLAS
>       I trying to configure Operational Reporting to generate reports
>that land in a particular directory which is the publish location for a
>web server running on the Operational Reporting server. I have selected
>the URL option for the report. When I check the "Create web page with
>summary information" radio box under the "Summary Information" tab the
>setup uses a "Web site virtual directory" location called
>http://computer.domain/tsmreptweb by default. I think the is supposed
>be the directory c:\Program Files\Tivoli\tsm\Console\web but no files
>land there. I tried to substitute the path to my Apache htdocs
directory
>but it doesn't seem to recognize it either. Is there a way to point the
>"virtual" location to another directory?
>       I have configured the report to generate a URL for the report.
>It emails me the notification with the file name and everything like it
>is supposed to but when I click on the embedded link I get "Page not
>found" because the page is not being created. I search the entire drive
>for the html file name sent in the email but it doesn't exist. I feel
>like if I could figure out this virtual location thing it should work.

A thought:

Is your OR service run under the SYSTEM user ID for the machine running
OR? If so, SYSTEM has no privilege on any machine other than the local
one, and therefore cannot write a file to any other machine.

Try running the Reporting service under a domain administrator's ID and
see if that fixes the issue.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.s AT evolvingsol DOT com)
Senior TSM consultant