ADSM-L

TSM altering Windows access time?

2006-10-30 12:08:53
Subject: TSM altering Windows access time?
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 10:03:59 -0700
        I'm being told by various vendors that the TSM backup client on
Windows causes problems with their ILM  products, the ones that move
older, unaccessed data to cheaper storage.

        They are saying that the TSM backup client will alter the last
access date, making it look like the file is being access when it's only
being backed up.

        Has anyone seen this? I'm not sure if they are saying that the
TSM client does this on the first full backup or on the subsequent
incrementals.

        I am going to do some testing to see what I can see, but was
wondering if  anyone has seen this behavior...

Ben