ADSM-L

Re: Using FILE instead of DISK devclass to avoid disk under-utilization

2006-10-25 13:39:41
Subject: Re: Using FILE instead of DISK devclass to avoid disk under-utilization
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:38:14 -0400
Um.  I don't really see what the issue is.

TSM is elegantly designed to automatically compensate for a disk pool
being too small on occasion by kicking in the migration to tape
automatically for you, based on the thresholds you set.
So it's working as designed.

I think you may be working too hard to fix something that isn't broken?
Why do you consider the migration to be a problem, if your data is going
to end up on tape eventually anyway?