ADSM-L

Re: Switching between standard and subfile backups

2006-10-19 00:29:01
Subject: Re: Switching between standard and subfile backups
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 22:28:03 -0600
While on the subject of subfile backup.... something I ran into recently
was an issue related to fragmentation. If your files are heavily
fragmented, then even small changes can result in a good chunk of the file
being backed up again. So just a thought to keep those disks defragged...

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 10/18/2006
06:22:39 PM: