ADSM-L

Re: Dsmc output on AIX sometimes contains a crlf

2006-10-16 09:02:37
Subject: Re: Dsmc output on AIX sometimes contains a crlf
From: Matthew Warren <Matthew.Warren AT DIGICA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:00:18 +0100
Hi,

Oddly, the two lines of output you showed look exactly the same in my
email client.

But, I would approach the problem with a workaround, and pre-process the
log output to remove spurious crlf's before processing it further.

If you repost an example of the broken lines, I could most likely help
with a unix cmdline that could 'fix' your logfile before you process it.

Matt.

http://tsmwiki.com/tsmwiki

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please notify the sender immediately and delete the email from your
computer.

You should not copy the email, use it for any purpose or disclose its contents
to any other person.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email may be personal
to the author and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Digica.
It is the responsibility of the recipient to check this email for the presence
of viruses. Digica accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email.

UK: Phoenix House, Colliers Way, Nottingham, NG8 6AT UK
Reception Tel: + 44 (0) 115 977 1177
Support Centre: 0845 607 7070
Fax: + 44 (0) 115 977 7000
http://www.digica.com

SOUTH AFRICA: Building 3, Parc du Cap, Mispel Road, Bellville, 7535, South
Africa
Tel: + 27 (0) 21 957 4900
Fax: + 27 (0) 21 948 3135
http://www.digica.com