ADSM-L

Re: Going back to TSM V5.2 after attempting an upgrade to V5.3

2006-09-27 15:37:24
Subject: Re: Going back to TSM V5.2 after attempting an upgrade to V5.3
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 15:35:55 -0400
I've never had to do it, but to revert to an earlier version of the
server, you would have to first reinstall the earlier version of the
code and then do a tsm db restore of the last db backup you took while
on the earlier version.  You would of course lose all backups made while
on the newer version of the code.

David

>>> Brenda Stephenson <BrendaS AT URS DOT ORG> 9/27/2006 2:28 PM >>>
We are in the process of preparing to upgrade our TSM V5.2.4 Server to
TSM V5.3.2 server on z/OS.  I hopefully have the steps down to perform
the
upgrade.  It looks to me like we just need to upgrade our DB.  Has
anyone
had trouble with the DB upgrade and had to restore back to TSM V5.2.4?
If
so, what steps did you go through to get back to TSM V5.2.4?  Sorry if
this
questions has been asked before, but I was recently given the
assignment to
manage our TSM environment.
Regards,
Brenda Stephenson