ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.3 with Tape Library 3580 error

2006-09-25 09:05:51
Subject: Re: TSM 5.3 with Tape Library 3580 error
From: Rejean Larivee <rlarivee AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 10:03:55 -0300
Hello,
if you installed the ultrium device driver correctly, then
you should be able to see the medium changer and the
drives in device manager.
Right-click on "My Computer" and select Manage
and then select "Device Manager".
Expand the "Medium Changers" section. There should
be an "IBM 3584 Tape Library" entry. Right click on it
and select "properties". Go the "driver" tab. The Driver Provider
should be "IBM Corporation" and Driver Version should be 6.1.3.8.
Expand the "Tape Drives" section. There should
be eight (8) entries of "IBM ULT3580-TDx ..." entries. Right click on it
and select "properties". Go the "driver" tab. The Driver Provider
should be "IBM Corporation" and Driver Version should be 6.1.3.8.

If you cannot see the medium changer or drives in Device Manager,
or the driver tab is not showing the right information, then the ulirum
driver
is  not installed correctly or the library/drives are not connected
properly.

You may want to refer to the following article on our support pages which
I wrote recently,
The above document offers more details on diagnosing this kind of issue.

Bye !

Rejean Larivee
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Level2 Support

             Murugan_Pachamall
             ayan
             <Murugan_Pachamal                                          To
             layan AT SATYAM DOT COM>         ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            cc
             Dist Stor
             Manager"                                              Subject
             <[email protected]         Re: TSM 5.3 with Tape Library 3580
             .EDU>                     error

             09/25/2006 08:55
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Hi Rajean,

                        I have installed the driver IBMTape.x86_6138 and
I am getting the same.

Please advice how to proceed further.

Regards,

Murugan