ADSM-L

Fw: Strange Reclamation Problem

2006-09-19 10:12:54
Subject: Fw: Strange Reclamation Problem
From: Andrew Carlson <naclos AT SWBELL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 07:10:44 -0700
Richard,

I think it was obvious, but maybe it wasn't.  People don't normally make their
onsite disk pools into offsite status.  When my copypool tapes get full, I mark
them offsite so that reclamation will read the disk pool, not do reclamation
tape to tape.  But, this is what is not working.  Reclamation starts, moves a
little bit of data, assumably one node's worth from what I saw in move data,
then ends with "success", not fully emptying the tape that is being reclamated.

Andy Carlson
Gamecube:$150,PSO:$50,Broadband Adapter: $35, Hunters License: $8.95/month,
The feeling of seeing the red box with the item you want in it:Priceless.