ADSM-L

Re: MAXNUMMP

2006-09-15 07:02:52
Subject: Re: MAXNUMMP
From: "Schaub, Steve" <steve_schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 06:54:48 -0400
Set the MAXNUMMP to the number of drives you are willing to have this
node monopolize.  If you don't care that this node could grab all of the
drives in your library and leave everything else out in the cold, knock
yourself out.  If you want to force reasonability on your DBA's, set it
to a lower number and make sure they know what their limits are.
Of course, this assumes that there is a real good reason for sending all
your data straight to tape rather than using a diskpool.
Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer, WNI
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
423-535-6574 (desk)