ADSM-L

Re: MAXNUMMP

2006-09-14 12:27:53
Subject: Re: MAXNUMMP
From: Kelly Lipp <lipp AT STORSERVER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:23:26 -0600
Simply: the number of sequential access mounts a client can have
simultaneously.  Why are you getting this error?  Perhaps you have your
resourceutilization set to greater than 1 and your management class/copy
group is sending the data directly to tape.  In that case, the client
will want more than one tape drive and since MAXNUMMP is only one, your
backup fails.  Another potential cause of this error is that you have
the copypool parameter on the storage pool set so whenever  client backs
up to that pool, two tapes are required: one for the primary and one for
the copy pool tapes.

So set maxnummp on the client up so you don't get this error...

Kelly J. Lipp
VP Manufacturing & CTO
STORServer, Inc.
485-B Elkton Drive