ADSM-L

Re: setup library client manager LAN

2006-09-13 12:22:00
Subject: Re: setup library client manager LAN
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:20:46 -0400
The server-to-server communications is via LAN.  Each TSM server has a
server definition of the other server. The actual tape devices are defined
on each system that can see them. How each server references them is based
on the path definitions on the library managing server. For example, on my
SERVER  A, 3592 drive A is known as /dev/rmt14 while on SERVER B, this
same drive appears as /dev/rmt15.

Kurt Beyers <kurt.beyers AT TELENET DOT BE>
09/12/2006 04:32 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] setup library client manager LAN

Zoltan,

In my setup the TSM server B does not have access to the library of TSM
server A through the SAN.

But I would like to sent the TSM database backup from server B to the
library owned and used by TSM server A.

By server-to-server communication between the 2 TSM servers and a library
manager on TSM server A and a library client on TSM server B.

Regards,
Kurt