ADSM-L

Re: TDP SQL 53

2006-09-13 08:07:31
Subject: Re: TDP SQL 53
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 08:06:47 -0400
Ian,

Data Protection for SQL will use the TSM API at the 5.3 level
for backing up the data. The TSM API is upward compatible.
It is fine to use the latest DP/SQL 5.2.1 version in your enterprise.
That package is included on the "5.3" TSM for Databases CD
which means it will be supported for as long as 5.3 is in service.
We don't normally release new Data Protection packages
unless there is significant new function to release.
The latest 5.2.1 package(as you indicated) only needed very minor
modifications to support SQL Server 2005. We did release a new
5.3.3 version to support Windows "x64" since it was a new platform.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 09/13/2006
07:32:49 AM: