ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Oracle

2006-09-12 02:52:17
Subject: Re: TDP for Oracle
From: Jurjen Oskam <jurjen AT STUPENDOUS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 08:51:36 +0200
On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 11:09:27AM +0700, Wira Chinwong wrote:

>    As your suggestion, currently instead rman database, I'm using
> controlfile to keep the catalog. Can I still follow by your recommendation?

I'm assuming that you mean that you're not using an RMAN recovery catalog
database, but instead using the controlfile? Yes, you can (and should) still
use the RMAN retention mechanism, but you should be aware that some uses
*require* a recovery catalog database (such as KEEP FOREVER, for example).

This is all documented in the RMAN documentation, which is a required read
when you're doing this sort of thing. Also, make sure you *test* your
procedures.

Good luck,
--
Jurjen Oskam