ADSM-L

Re: delete virtual volumes

2006-09-11 12:29:09
Subject: Re: delete virtual volumes
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 18:26:39 +0200
Mark Stapleton wrote:
> "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 09/08/2006
> 07:19:25 AM:
>> we backup a storage pool to a copy pool on a target server (virtual
> volumes).
>> Yesterday I deleted 10 virtual volumes from the copypool
>> DELETE VOL ... DISCARD=YES
>>
>> The virtual volumes are seen as archive data on the target server, the
>> target server should delete these archive files.
>>
>> So I expect that the target server deletes these archive files
>> during the next EXPIRE INVENTORY.
>> But the final message ANR0812I of EXPIRE INVENTORY says:
>> that 0 archive objects have been deleted.
>
> Look at HELP RECONCILE VOLUMES. See if that helps.

first, look at delete volhist....

> --
> Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT usbank DOT com)
> US Bank MR Backup and Recovery Management
> Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains
> information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy
> laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the
> intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from
> retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this
> information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have
> received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank
> you in advance for your cooperation.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 3000    Fax. +31 20 668 3167
PGP Key fingerprint: 6367 DFE9 5CBC 0737 7D16  B3F6 048A 02BF DC93 94EC

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the
computer industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the
computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going to
end." -- Douglas Adams