ADSM-L

Re: dsmcad on linux system

2006-09-08 10:22:54
Subject: Re: dsmcad on linux system
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 10:20:35 -0400
On Sep 8, 2006, at 10:06 AM, James Marcinek wrote:

Hello everyone,

I haven't work with the product in a while... I'm deploying TSM 5.3
and I installed the ba client on a linux system. I had the web
browser client up but not authenticating. I killed the dsmcad with
a kill command. I started  it again and now the web browser page
does not come up? Can someone tell me what the right way to stop/
start the client acceptor daemon and how to get this working again.
I see the dsmcad process running...

James - Check your MANAGEDServices option settings, per the client
manual.

Runtime problems should be apparent in the dsmwebcl.log, and thus
correctable.

You can always use the lsof command to verify that the process is
listening on the expected port number, and an http program (or even
telnet) to verify port access.

   Richard Sims