ADSM-L

Re: HDS shadow image & ITSM

2006-09-01 14:30:20
Subject: Re: HDS shadow image & ITSM
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 14:29:26 -0400
-----Gianluca Perilli wrote: -----

>is anyone of you out there using the HDS shadowimage feature & ITSM?
>If yes could you pls tell me on which platform and for which
>application?
>Thks in advance for your answer....

We are currently using Shadowimage to back up a Cache database
used by an IDX physician practice management system running
under HP-UX. We will be migrating this system from an HDS
storage subsystem to an IBM subsystem, and from Shadowimage
to the analogous IBM feature, in the next few weeks.

I was not directly involved in setting up Shadowimage. The
TSM central scheduler tells the HP-UX system to run a script
that shuts down the application, makes a Shadowimage copy,
restarts the application, mounts the copy, and backs up the
system. The original database file system is excluded fromthe TSM backup.