ADSM-L

missed backups oddity

2006-09-01 12:01:46
Subject: missed backups oddity
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 09:01:11 -0700
The background on this is that this server, AIX 5.3, TSM 5.2.6.1, has been
running smoothly forever. Max Scheduled sessions is set to 64, total number
of servers that back up to this guy is only 36. So needless to say I would
never expect to see missed backups related to servers missing their backup
window because all the scheduled sessions are in use, especially since
resourceutilization is set to 1. Yet last night there was a dozen or so
missed backups for just that. What I also see in the activity log are issues
with servers as they complete their backups trying to reconnect to get the
next schedule, no scheduled sessions are currently available.

Is there anything I may have missed that would shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Geoff Gill

TSM Administrator

PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator

SAIC M/S-G1b

(858)826-4062

Email:  <mailto:geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com> geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com