ADSM-L

Re: Making TSM twin-center compliant

2006-09-01 10:38:11
Subject: Re: Making TSM twin-center compliant
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 16:31:30 +0200
Hi Allen!
Thank you very much for your reaction!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, you cannot backup to a
copypool. Am I wrong here?
I cannot wait for the restore storagepool to finish... This will take
days and I will have to be able to make client backups immediately.
If I was able to convert a copypool into a primary pool, I would be able
to backup clients right away. Ok, I would loose my copypool, but in case
of a disaster I can live with that for several days. In the meantime I
can have my vendor bring in (rental) stuff to rebuild the copypool.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines