ADSM-L

Re: Restore from directory with dots in name

2006-08-23 10:44:13
Subject: Re: Restore from directory with dots in name
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 08:41:41 -0600
Use the command line interface: specify SYSTEM STATE as the file space
name in the restore file spec, and also specify a different restore
destination. From dsmc's prompt, enter a command like the one shown below:

tsm> restore "{SYSTEM
STATE}\windows\sysvol\eu.rabonet.com\scripts\euams\eu_ams_users.xls"
c:\restoretarget\

(The above command will probably wrap to multiple lines, but it is a
single, long command.)

CAVEATS: (a) This technique should work for restoring specific files, but
it is not a method for other, more "grandiose" restore methods; for
example, it is not a method for restoring SYSVOL to an alternate location.
(b) There is no guarantee that future versions will continue to work this
way. (c) This technique is not available through the GUI.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 08/23/2006
02:57:44 AM: