ADSM-L

Symbolic Link question

2006-08-21 17:34:03
Subject: Symbolic Link question
From: Mike Anderson <mfanderson AT HEALTH-PARTNERS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:48:41 -0400
We have a TSM backup client that keeps dying when backing up a certain
file system. This file system does have a couple of thousand small files
in it. It started to get out of memory errors and Tivoli support
that it was a bad client version and had us upgrade the client.  I did
notice that this file system does have some symbolic links. My question is
I see you can use archsymlinkasfile to stop an archive from
doing symbolic links but what about normal incremental backups.  I am
coming into this in the middle of the problem so any advice from anyone
that has seen this before is most welcomed.

The server is HPUX 11i  5.2.3.5

Client HPUX 11  5.3.4

Thanks
Mike Anderson
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
message.