ADSM-L

Mount and write to a specific tape

2006-08-18 11:02:13
Subject: Mount and write to a specific tape
From: Richard Mochnaczewski <Richard.Mochnaczewski AT STANDARDLIFE DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:01:15 -0400
Hi Everybody,

I am having a strange problem where some newly labelled and initialized tapes
once they are taken from the scratch tape pool process get errors regarding the
label and the tape is changed to inaccessable and becomes private. I've checked
out the tape and checked it in and would like to try and mount the tape and
write directly to it to reproduce the problme rather than wait until the tape
comes around to be mounted. Is this possible ?

My library is a 3494, the drives are 3590, and TSM version is 5.3.2.3 running
on AIX 5.2.

Rich