ADSM-L

Re: Detect whether L700 tape library unavailable

2006-08-17 12:40:20
Subject: Re: Detect whether L700 tape library unavailable
From: Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT SAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:38:38 -0400
Hello Robin,

There is an undocumented command show library that has the online status.

See the archives for more info on undocumented commands.

Here is the partial output from the show library command and the query path
command.
Autolib is an stk 9710 which was not connected. But at least with a connected
library the show library command will show the library as offline if it can not
talk to it.

You do get the following message in the tsm log for an unconnected library

08/09/2006 09:09:05  ANR8440E Initialization failed for SCSI library AUTOLIB;
                      will retry in 2 minute(s).

len

tsm: ADSMNT04>show library
MMSV->libList: head=03059FB8, tail=0305A5E0

Library AUTOLIB (type SCSI):
  reference count = 0, online = 0, borrowed drives = 0, update count = 0
   basicCfgBuilt = 1, libInfoBuild = 0, definingPathToLibrary = 0
   addLibPath = 0, driveListBusy = 0
  libvol_lock_id=0, libvolLock_count=0, SeqnBase=0
  library extension at 03053960
  autochanger list:
    dev=lb0.0.0.3, busy=0, online=0

Drive detail and second library output deleted.
tsm: ADSMNT04>q path

Source Name     Source Type     Destination     Destination     On-Line
                                Name            Type
ADSMNT04        SERVER          AUTOLIB         LIBRARY         Yes
ADSMNT04        SERVER          TAPE1           DRIVE           Yes
ADSMNT04        SERVER          TAPE2           DRIVE           Yes
ADSMNT04        SERVER          BORG            LIBRARY         Yes
ADSMNT04        SERVER          TAPEB1          DRIVE           Yes
ADSMNT04        SERVER          TAPEB2          DRIVE           Yes

For others: Has anyone asked IBM to move the function of the show library
command to a documented command.

len