ADSM-L

Re: Power saving and TSM backups

2006-08-17 00:21:55
Subject: Re: Power saving and TSM backups
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 22:20:48 -0600
I can't speak to Mac or Linux, but Windows has the shutdown.exe program.
So you could easily write a script to launch the client backup, then run
shutdown.exe. Trivial example of a hypothetical script called
backup_and_shutdown.cmd:

   cd /d "c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient"
   dsmc i > dsmc.out 2>&1
   shutdown -s

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 08/16/2006
07:01:38 PM:

> One way we are looking to save energy is to turn computers off at
> night.  As we typically run backups at night, this presents a problem.
We