ADSM-L

Re: Exchange restore / backup

2006-08-15 17:44:11
Subject: Re: Exchange restore / backup
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 17:43:13 -0400
Hi Stuart,

If you want to keep your backups based on time,
your management classes should look something like this:

   VEREXISTS   NOLIMIT
   VERDELETED  NOLIMIT
   RETEXTRA    30
   RETONLY     30

This will make sure all backups are kept for at least
30 days, regardless of how many times the backups are run.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 08/15/2006
02:32:25 PM:

> Hi list
>
> I am trying to restore an exchange server in our test environment, after
> having exported the data from the live TSM server. I have done an export
> from a point in time. What I was hoping to see when doing this was the
full
> backup and then the incrementals untill the next full backup. I wish to
> restore upto the last full backup. What I am actually seeing is just the
> full backup and no incrementals.
>
> I'm guessing that it is something to do with our policy settings which
are
> as follows.
>
> Versions 31
> Inactive 30
> Keep 0
> Retain last 30
>
> Am I correct in thinking it's the policy or could it be something else.
When