ADSM-L

Exchange restore / backup

2006-08-15 14:34:27
Subject: Exchange restore / backup
From: "Pitt, Stuart" <STUART.PITT AT RWENPOWER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 19:32:25 +0100
Hi list

I am trying to restore an exchange server in our test environment, after
having exported the data from the live TSM server. I have done an export
from a point in time. What I was hoping to see when doing this was the full
backup and then the incrementals untill the next full backup. I wish to
restore upto the last full backup. What I am actually seeing is just the
full backup and no incrementals.

I'm guessing that it is something to do with our policy settings which are
as follows.

Versions 31
Inactive 30
Keep 0
Retain last 30

Am I correct in thinking it's the policy or could it be something else. When
I check our live exchange backups there are only incrementals after the last
full backup.

Regards

Stuart Pitt,
IBM Certified Deployment Professional TSM 5.2
IBM Certified Administrator TSM V 5
Data Management and Implementation
RWE npower
Trigonos Building
Swindon
Tel Int 7 322 3253
Tel Ext 01793 893253
Stuart.Pitt AT RWEnpower DOT com <mailto:Stuart.Pitt AT RWEnpower DOT com>

The information contained in this email is intended only for the use of the
intended recipient at the email address to which it has been addressed. If the
reader of this message is not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that you have received this document in error and that any review,
dissemination or copying of the message or associated attachments is strictly
prohibited.

If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender by return
email or call 01793 877777 and ask for the sender and then delete it
immediately from your system.Please note that neither RWE npower nor the sender
accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan
attachments (if any).