ADSM-L

Schedule Script

2006-08-14 09:09:48
Subject: Schedule Script
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 09:08:20 -0400
Hello All,

I have just been required to complete a "special" 5 yr backup for my NAS
data which I accomplish through NDMP backups.  I have defined new clients
& management classes for this purpose.  I only need to run this backup
once/month.  I am wondering how to accomplish this?  I currently only have
TSM 5.2.7.1, so I believe I'll have to do this through a script/macro, but
I am not quite sure how to do so.  I would like to run the special backup
the first Saturday of every month and then run the regular weekend backups
all of the other weekends.  Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas on how
to do this?  Thanks in advance!!!!!

Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems, Senior Systems Programmer
Phone Number: (717)302-9966
Fax: (717) 302-9826
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com