ADSM-L

Re: [OT] Re: Lots of newbie questions

2006-08-11 13:10:09
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: Lots of newbie questions
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 13:08:53 -0400
>> On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 08:07:17 -0600, Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT
>> COM> said:
> Allen Rout wrote, in part:

>> Reminds me of the first time I checked all of the volumes in a
>> copystgpool out of my library.  "Just this once", I thought.  But once
>> you're there in the back seat....  Uh. Digression.

> Why do you always leave out the *good* parts of your stories!   :-)

Oh, all right.

Once the boundary I had considered sacred had been crossed, I found it
harder and harder to refuse successive requests.  Eventually I was
doing it for everyone; it was automatic.  I even wrote a script for
it.  It wasn't until a major conversion experience (deploying the
remote library in Atlanta) that I regained the capability to say no
with conviction, to stick to my guns.  Now I've got 81 empty cells and
44 scratch volumes.  I can reasonably hope that such sordid behavior
is permanently in my past.

- Allen S. Rout
- The script is named '/var/tsm/bin/stupid-checkouts'