ADSM-L

Re: restore directly from copy pool tapes

2006-08-09 11:25:43
Subject: Re: restore directly from copy pool tapes
From: Leigh Reed <L.Reed AT MDX.AC DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 16:23:10 +0100
Just one point of note.

upd stgpool <stgpoolname> acc=unavailable

      Specifies that **client nodes** cannot access files stored on
volumes
      in the storage pool.
     ** Server processes can move files within the volumes in the
storage
      pool and can also move or copy files from this storage pool to
      another storage pool. However, no new writes are permitted to
      volumes in the storage pool from volumes outside the storage
pool.**

In a DR, may not strictly be what you want.

update vol  *  wherestgpool=primarytapepoolname access=unavailable

Specifies that **neither client nodes nor server** processes can
 access files stored on the volume.

Leigh