ADSM-L

Re: VMFS3 filespace......

2006-08-07 08:43:21
Subject: Re: VMFS3 filespace......
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 08:42:27 -0400
Yes it is, but if you quiesce or stop the VM using that VMFS, you can back it
up as a normal file from the ESX server using the
5.2.4 Linux TSM client. There are several papers on the TSM site about backing
up Vmware ESX server and links from that over to
Vmware's site.

We do this weekly for our ESX servers...quiesce the VM's one at a time and
backup the VMDK files. We have successfully recovered
these VM's at our disaster recovery site.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.