ADSM-L

Strange Admin Schedule/Script behavior

2006-08-04 11:07:00
Subject: Strange Admin Schedule/Script behavior
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 11:05:54 -0400
Hello,

I have a Admin Schedule/Script that runs the following Housecleaning
tasks,
daily which has been working fine months. This morning though the
BA STG Backuppool rmtpool process and the Migrate Stgpool process
was ACTIVE at the same time! I checked the log an it shows nothing
as to why this happened as you can see the the Migrate Process
should WAIT UNTIL the BA STG backuppool process ends before
starting which it has been doing. This could be just a isolated
incident not sure has this ever happened to anyone else?
Any guesses?

serial
BACKUP DB DEVCLASS=BKP TYPE=INCREMENTAL wait=yes
serial
BA STG backuppool rmpool maxpr=2 wait=yes
serial
migrate stgpool backuppool lowmig=0 wait=yes
serial
Ba STG LTpool RMpool maxpr=2 wait=yes
serial
expire inventory

F.Y.I - Automatic Migration has been turned off for a while.

TSM 5.3.3.2
AIX 5.3

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

56 Backup Storage Pool  Primary Pool BACKUPPOOL, Copy Pool RMPOOL, Files

Backed Up: 1232, Bytes Backed Up: 122,055,233,5
36, Unreadable Files: 0, Unreadable Bytes: 0.
Current Physical File (bytes): 4,195,590,144
Current output volume: A00251.

57 Backup Storage Pool  Primary Pool BACKUPPOOL, Copy Pool RMPOOL, Files

Backed Up: 8952, Bytes Backed Up: 110,488,518,6
56, Unreadable Files: 0, Unreadable Bytes: 0.
Current Physical File (bytes): 4,296,290,304
Current output volume: A00254.

60 Migration  Disk Storage Pool BACKUPPOOL, Moved Files: 0,
     Moved Bytes: 0, Unreadable Files: 0, Unreadable

61 Migration  Disk Storage Pool BACKUPPOOL, Moved Files: 314,
     Moved Bytes: 6,635,995,136, Unreadable Files: 0,
     Unreadable Bytes: 0. Current Physical File
     (bytes): 8,592,568,320 Current output volume:100273.