ADSM-L

Re: Determining archive sizes for recharge?

2006-08-01 16:31:28
Subject: Re: Determining archive sizes for recharge?
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 16:21:44 -0400
Oy.   I thought we were in the deep end of the pool for
chargeback.  We do chargeback, but we base it on info we can get from
the server side.  Specifically, the occupancy table.  This will give
you granularity down to the filespace level, but not beyond
that.  For what you want to do, you would need to process the
"archives" table, which would potentially be huge.  In fact, the SQL
query against this table would probably run for quite a long time and
could potentially hold locks on your server which might lead to
operational problems.

The session accounting records record all sessions to the TSM server,
and I believe they contain the userid.  This would allow you to
capture "data transmitted" metrics down the user level.

Perhaps others have ideas on how to do this.

..Paul