ADSM-L

Re: Misguided data from backup stgpool :)

2006-07-20 14:02:52
Subject: Re: Misguided data from backup stgpool :)
From: Mark Stapleton <mark.stapleton AT USBANK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 12:58:23 -0500
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/20/2006
12:49:57 PM:
> Thanks to typo after creating new storage pools for VTL, I updated a
> copygroup for a certain domain with a valid but inaccurate VTL storage
> pool. Not catching until this morning, the data went through a backup
> storagepool operation and made it to three offsite tapes. How in the
> world can I get that data onto the proper offsite volumes? It was sent
> our UNIX copy storage pool when it should have gone to our copy stgpool
> for SQL clients. I am getting ANR2118E and ANR1719E, which are basically
> telling me that I can only move data or move nodedata only to the same
> copy storagepools. So how do I right my stupid wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong. If you'll read the results of HELP MOVE
NODEDATA or HELP MOVE DATA, you'll see that, when applied to copy storage
pools, you can only move data within a copy storage pool.

Your best bet is to delete all the data on the volumes they don't belong
on, and allow the natural storage pool backup process to rewrite the data
to the proper copy storage pool.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT usbank DOT com)
MR Backup and Recovery Management

Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains
information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy
laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the
intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from
retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this
information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have
received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you
in advance for your cooperation.