ADSM-L

Re: download IBM System Storage Archive Manager v. 5.3 and TSM-OR v. 5.3

2006-07-19 13:35:24
Subject: Re: download IBM System Storage Archive Manager v. 5.3 and TSM-OR v. 5.3
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 13:32:29 -0400
The TSM Operational Reporter is not a separate "product".
To download it, go to the usual FTP site, look for maintenance for the
WINDOWS TSM server:

ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/maintena
nce/server/v5r3/WIN/LATEST/

Download TSMCON5330_WIN.exe.
Click to install on your Windows box.  That's all you need for TSM OR.

(This pacakge is the standalone version of the Windows TSM server
"console", which doesn't exist in the AIX TSM world.  It contains TSM
OR.)

If you need instructions on configuration, look in the admin guide,
search the .pdf for the keyword "Operational".
Or go here for 2 short .ppt presentations, start with the oldest one:

http://www.jasi.com/TSMUG/index.php?page=present

I have not used System Storage Archive Manager, but I did not think that
was a separate product, either.  I think it is just a copy of TSM for
AIX server with a different license enabled.  Can anybody clarify that?

Wanda Prather
"I/O, I/O, It's all about I/O"  -(me)