ADSM-L

Re: SQL2062N: Reason code =406,137, 106, Segmentation Fault

2006-07-13 04:46:44
Subject: Re: SQL2062N: Reason code =406,137, 106, Segmentation Fault
From: zareyna <zareyna AT ADR-MALAYSIA DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 21:45:19 +0800
Hi All,

I have managed to solve the problems below: It lead me to lot of error code;
Starting with Reason Code 137, Segementation Fault, 406, 106 . Below were
the steps or solution that I have done. Thanks for all the tips. Now my DB
backup run succesfully and now trying to set the DB backup on SAN. Hope I
will have a succesful configuration on the SAN.

Reason Code 137:
Changed the password of client and server communication (which I key in the
same password). DSMAPIPW works.

Segmentation Fault:
Upgrade the TSM API to the latest from 5.3.2 to 5.3.4. The Servers and BAC
are 5.3.2. Dunno whether it would create a prob someday.

Reason Code 406 :
Dsm.sys and dsm.opt permission to chmod to 777/775

Reason Code 106:

1. try chmod /db2/SID/log_dir/NODE0000/ dir's as 775/777 (even for the user)
2. then cd /home/db2sid/sqllib/adsm (or wherever you put the TSM stuff, and

   the TSM dir should be 775 at a min), Remove all dsm logs for the db2
   instance (*log, A*, U*). Wait a min until logs don't recreate
3. then retry backup
4. new logs should be produced
5. if that fails -
   check all db2sid files are 755 or 775
   check all root/system owned files are 777 accessible

Thanks,

Regards,

Zareyna Salim