ADSM-L

Re: Checkout Primary Pool

2006-07-07 07:40:41
Subject: Re: Checkout Primary Pool
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 07:39:51 -0400
On Jul 7, 2006, at 6:47 AM, Christian Svensson wrote:

Hi,

How can I check out tapes from my Primary Tape Pool without to get
any errors when Reclamation starts?

Can I run Checkout libv? Because I try to set my volumes offsite
via UPDATE VOL command but that doesn't work.

Maybe its enough that I set my Volume to Unavailable?

You could use Unavailable; but consider the larger whole.
We don't know the context of what you're trying to do, but review the
topic "Managing a Full Library" in the Admin Guide manual for a
description of TSM's native provisions for external primary storage
pool volumes.

   Richard Sims