ADSM-L

Re: Deleting a tape that doesn't exist

2006-06-29 13:24:03
Subject: Re: Deleting a tape that doesn't exist
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:23:42 -0400
Thank you for the help.   A very interesting command.

I just checked my 5.3 Administrators reference and no where does it list
"remote" as a valid "type=" option and of course does not list "force=yes"
either.

But it doesn't include the "volume=" keyword, either.

When did these options arrive/appear ?  What server level are you running
(I am 5.3.2.3).

I am not doubting you, but I would like some more info on these
non-existant options before I try them, since we have 4-TSM servers
interminggled with each other, sharing two library-manager servers across
all 4 ?

Can Andy or anyone else elighten me ?

"Dennis, Melburn W IT743" <melburn.dennis AT SIEMENS DOT COM>
06/29/2006 12:56 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] Deleting a tape that doesn't exist

I had a similar problem once and TSM gave me this nifty command:

delete volhist todate=today type=remote volume=volumename force=yes

Works well if somehow a tape's status has been lost between server to
server communications, where your library manager shows the tape as type
remote (meaning that it has been given control over to another server),
and the server that is supposed to be using it shows either no info in
the volhist or the last entry shows it as being stgdelete.  Hope this
helps.

Mel Dennis
Systems Engineer - IT743
Siemens Power Generation
4400 Alafaya Trail
Orlando, FL 32826
MC Q1-108
Tel:  (407) 736-2360
Win:  439-2360
Fax: (407) 243-0260
Email:  melburn.dennis AT siemens DOT com