ADSM-L

Backing up Novell Servers in a TSM-Windows environment

2006-06-27 10:17:17
Subject: Backing up Novell Servers in a TSM-Windows environment
From: Bob Martoncik <BMartoncik AT CO.LUCAS.OH DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:16:10 -0400
Running TSM 5.2.5 Windows and trying to backup a Novell server(current).
 Below are the procedures we used to load the client.

Install the client on the NW server via NWCONFIG.
Add client dir to search path, at console and in autoexec.ncf .
"search add sys:\tivoli\tsp\client\ba".
Make sure Bob knows , and you have the password "XXXX".
At the console, run "dsmc query session" you should be prompted for
above password.
Run "dsmc query tsa" , enter Netware name and password.
Run "dsmc query tsa nds" , enter Netware name and password.
Load dsmcad, and open up a browser to "http://servername:1581";

We can initiate a backup from the Novell server to the TSM Server but
when we try to schedule the backup, failure every single time.  Applied
all the patches that TSM recommends.  Any ideas?

Frustrated in Toledo.

Bob Martoncik
Lucas County Information Services
419-213-4633