ADSM-L

Re: Sleeping Macs and Failed TSM Backups

2006-06-25 14:49:40
Subject: Re: Sleeping Macs and Failed TSM Backups
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 14:48:48 -0400
If that's the problem I think it is, then changing /etc/hostconfig to
hardcode a hostname may provide a fix.  The hostname is used as part
of the encryption key.  If the hostname changes, TSM won't just fail
to decrypt the password but it will actually delete the TSM.PWD
file.  Very annoying.  This is IMHO a design flaw that needs to be
addressed.  In the meantime, I suspect that hardcoding the hostname
in /etc/hostconfig may provide a workaround.

..Paul