ADSM-L

Re: TSM-ASR and BladeCenter

2006-06-16 11:31:42
Subject: Re: TSM-ASR and BladeCenter
From: Timothy Lin <Timothy.Lin AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 11:31:03 -0400
Jim,
Make sure the CD you created has the proper NIC driver for the
bladecenter server, and make sure you have DHCP.

We couldn't use the TSM+ASR method because security policy prohibited us
from using DHCP in certain networks, so we're looking into using BartPE
+TSM plugin, which could be another way to go for you.

Tim.

Timothy Lin  * SCSA, RHCE, SNIA-SCP
System Administrator NOAA-National Center for Environmental Prediction

5200 Auth Rd #307, Camp Springs, MD 20746

Jim Hatfield wrote:

Hello Group,

Has anyone successfully ASR restored an IBM bladecenter server blade?  I am
all the way to starting the first restore after the Tivoli client has
already been silently installed, but network services have not started and I
can find no literature on IBM or MS sites?

Thankfully, there is a DOS window open to do some troubleshooting and I am
starting that (hence, ipconfig shows no interfaces but 127.0.0.1), but I am
wondering if anyone else has gone here before?

I am using the "Using Microsoft Windows Automated System Recovery (ASR) to
Recover Windows XP and Windows 2003 Systems with the IBM Tivoli Storage
Manager Backup-Archive Client for Windows" Tivoli Field Guide.

Or is there a better mouse-trap for ASR in BladeCenter?

Thank You,

-Jim Hatfield
Frustrated IT Admin
Kings Daughters Medical Center