ADSM-L

cmd file for archive

2006-06-09 13:04:56
Subject: cmd file for archive
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 10:04:02 -0700
A question for those using a schedule to run a .cmd file. The scenario is a
customer wants some data on a cluster node disk archived for 7 years.
Typically I run this as a schedule from the server pointing to a .cmd file,
but I've never had to do this on a cluster resource. Since the dsm.opt file
is on the cluster disk would putting this file on the cluster disk and
calling it from there produce the desired results of archiving the data?
Does anyone have a different solution they use?

Thanks,

Geoff Gill

TSM Administrator

PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator

SAIC M/S-G1b

(858)826-4062

Email:  <mailto:geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com> geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com