ADSM-L

Re: I need some clarification

2006-06-08 03:18:40
Subject: Re: I need some clarification
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <SHWL AT STATOIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 09:18:03 +0200

Hi,

Look at this one: http://msgs.adsm.org/cgi-bin/get/adsm0202/289.html

//Henrik

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Andrew Raibeck
Sent: den 8 juni 2006 01:49
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

Hi James,

What specifically were you told, and what specifically was unclear?

You can search the ADSM-L archives (try search.adsm.org or
www.mail-archive.com/adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu/) at , which contains a large
number of posts related to your type of question. Specifically, try
searching on keywords RETONLY, RETEXTRA, VEREXISTS, VERDELETED, plus add
my last name to the list, and I know that should cough up some prior
posts that will help shed light on your questions. You might look at one
thread in particular, "Confusion with retention values".

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Development Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew
Raibeck/Tucson/IBM@IBMUS Internet e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorag
eManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 06/07/2006
03:17:44 PM:

> Hello Everyone,
>

>  I need some clarifications.
>

> What do the following parameters mean, in basic terms..    I need to
be
> able to recover for instance from today 45 days ago, so how would I
> set up these parameters
>

> I have ask tsm support and I cannot get a clear answer, so hopefully
> someone can help me.
>

> Versions Data Exists
>
> Versions Data Deleted
>
> Retain Extra Versions
>
> Retain Only Version
>

> Thank you in advance
>

> James

> Confidentiality Notice: The information in this e-mail and any
> attachments thereto is intended for the named recipient(s) only.
> This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain information that
> is privileged and confidential  and subject to legal restrictions and
> penalties regarding its unauthorized disclosure or other use.
> If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
> any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action or
> inaction in reliance on the contents of this e-mail and any of its
> attachments is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  If you have received this e-mail
> in error, please immediately notify the sender via return e- mail;
> delete this e-mail and all attachments from your e-mail system and
> your computer system and network; and destroy any paper copies you may

> have in your possession. Thank you for your cooperation.

this message.
Thank you.