ADSM-L

Re: adm login is locked!

2006-06-06 04:35:32
Subject: Re: adm login is locked!
From: Dan Foster <tronic183 AT EVILPHB DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 04:35:10 -0400
Hot Diggety! Alexandr was rumored to have written:
> I`ve installed TSM sever and client (full pack) on the same
> server(AIX).
> Have registred client node on the server TSM.(input correct pwd for
> registred client node). All it was working well for long time.
> But after long off-working time was tring connect to tivoli-server under
> admin-login and have got message:
>
>             "..ANS8056E Your administrator ID is locked.
>             ANS8023E Unable to establish session with server.
>
>             ANS8002I Highest return code was 61."
>
> How unlocked   administrator ID?
> May be exist any method of restore access to server without re-install
> server?

You do not need to reinstall the TSM server.

What TSM server version are you using?

Do you have any other administrator IDs?

        If yes:  login to another admin ID then do in dsmadmc:

                        tsm> unlock administrator <your locked admin ID>

        If no:  login to TSM server, and use UNIX shell to do:

                        # kill -HUP <dsmserv pid> && sleep 5 \
                                && kill -KILL <dsmserv pid>
                        # DSMSERV_DIR=/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin
                        # DSMSERV_CONFIG=/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmserv.opt
                        # cd /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin
                        # ./dsmserv
                        tsm> disable sessions
                        tsm> unlock admin <your locked admin ID>
                        tsm> halt
                        # nohup /etc/rc.adsmserv &

Then wait for the TSM server to come back up. You will be able to login
in dsmadmc when it is back up.

Then investigate to see why admin ID was locked. Did it expire?

tsm> query admin <your admin ID> f=d

Example:

tsm> query admin alex f=d

Your account was locked due to either:

        1. Exceeding maximum number of invalid admin sign-ons
        or
        2. Your password expired

If your password was expired, then either set a longer password expiry
period or change your password more often.

-Dan