ADSM-L

Re: Files stuck in disk stgpool

2006-06-05 14:10:43
Subject: Re: Files stuck in disk stgpool
From: Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT SAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 14:10:09 -0400
Roger

Would this be a good request for a design change to the TSM dev group. That is
an client option to not send any files over a configured size. Then the disk
and tape stg pools, would not require max size settings for this purpose. Of
course there then should be a special client message that the file was skipped
due to size limit issues. If the TSM folks ever increase the subfile support to
include files greater then 2gig, maybe the option should have two sizes,one for
a subfile and one otherwise.

len