ADSM-L

Re: Trying to use TSM API

2006-06-04 22:14:40
Subject: Re: Trying to use TSM API
From: Mike <mikee AT MIKEE.ATH DOT CX>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 21:14:06 -0500
On Sun, 04 Jun 2006, Dan Foster might have said:

> Hot Diggety! Mike was rumored to have written:
> >
> >   tivoli.tsm.client.api.32bit
> >                              5.3.2.2  COMMITTED  TSM Client - Application
> >                                                  Programming Interface 32bit
>
> That looks correct.
>
> Do you have VisualAge C/C++ installed? It apparently needs the C++
> compiler, and specifically, VisualAge's.
>
> Did you copy /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin/libApiDS.a to /usr/lib?
>
> Do you have a copy of /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin/sample/*.h in the
> same directory as your app?
>
> Or have you copied and adjusted
> /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin/sample/Makefile to directory of your app
> and adjusted CFLAGS's -I. to -I/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin/sample ?
>
> -Dan

The file (tsm.so) compiles great and connects to the tsm server just fine.
Only when I issue the management class query does it complain about the
structure version number.

I am using vac/cc. No need to copy the library to /usr/lib since the extension
compiles and connects without error.

I'll work on it more tomorrow. :(

Mike