ADSM-L

Retain only Version

2006-06-02 14:51:02
Subject: Retain only Version
From: David Browne <dbrowne AT HUMANA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 14:50:36 -0400
Using the below policy

1) If create a file and it is backed up using the below policy then the
file is deleted before the file changes how long will the backup be kept
before the backup is deleted?

2) If I have a file with 3 versions and the file still exists on the
server but becomes static (doesn't change) how long will the inactive and
active version be kept?

3) If I have a file with 3 versions and the file is deleted, how long will
the active and inactive versions be kept?

Backup Copy Groups : STANDARD ACTIVE STANDARD STANDARD

Policy Domain Name STANDARD
Policy Set Name ACTIVE
Mgmt Class Name STANDARD
Copy Group Name STANDARD
Versions Data Exists 3
Versions Data Deleted 3
Retain Extra Versions 365
Retain Only Version 60
Copy Mode MODIFIED
Copy Serialization SHRSTATIC
Copy Frequency 0
Copy Destination BACKUPPOOL
Table of Contents (TOC) Destination -
Last Update Date/Time 2000-03-23 09:52:18.000000
Last Update by (administrator) TSO233
Managing profile -

it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material.  If you receive this
material/information in error, please contact the sender and delete or destroy
the material/information.