ADSM-L

Re: weird request for schedule

2006-06-01 17:10:50
Subject: Re: weird request for schedule
From: "Schneider, Jim" <jschneider AT USSCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 15:55:31 -0500
Joe,

We run TSM on AIX.  I've written a script to stop reclamation at a given
time.  I have modified it to cancel a session.  The script issues "q se"
and selects the line with the server name.  Pipe the line to sed to get
rid of the commas, and use the value of field 1 (session number) in a
'cancel session' command.  Run the script at 04:00.  If you're running
TSM on windows a perl script can be written to do the same thing.  I run
the script on the TSM server, but it should work from any attached
system.

sed -e 's/,//g' |\
awk '{print "dsmadmc -id=<id> -password=<password> cancel sess " $1}' >
/tmp/cancel.sess
chmod +x /tmp/cancel.sess
/tmp/cancel.sess
rm /tmp/cancel.sess