ADSM-L

Re: weird request for schedule

2006-06-01 16:45:03
Subject: Re: weird request for schedule
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 13:48:32 -0700
You could probably script something up that runs at 4am that does
something like this:

Use SELECT to identify sessions for this node, and create CANCEL SESSION
commands. The output can be redirected to a file. Then use the dsmadmc
MACRO command to run the commands in the file to which the output was
redirected.

Simple example for Windows of a file named cancelsession.cmd

-----
dsmadmc -id=storman -pa=xxxxx -dataonly=yes -commadelimited
-outfile=cancelsession.macro "select ' cancel session ' || cast(session_id
as varchar(20)) from sessions where session_type='Node' and
client_name='STORMAN'"

dsmadmc -id=storman -pa=xxxxx -outfile=cancelsession.out macro
cancelsession.macro
-----

The drawback is that the cancellations are indiscriminate; any client
session for the named node will be cancelled, regardless of what operation
it is doing. If it is unlikely that the node will be doing anything other
than scheduled backup, then this should work.

I'm sure others have more sophisticated methods, but this is my "what can
I whip up in 5 minutes" answer.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2006-06-01
13:21:29: